June 2020 Newsblast
Asian Zested Pico De Gallo
Recipe by Chef Cory Chen, 2015
Yield: 3 cups of salsa Shelf Life: 2 weeks if kept in refrigerator and well covered
Roma Tomatoes - 3, whole
White Onion - 2 oz.
Fresh Garlic - 1 clove
Orange Zest (skin of orange) - 1 tsp
Korean Chili Paste - 1 tsp
Cilantro - 2 sprigs
Lime Juice - 1 Tbsp
Paprika - 1 tsp
Cayenne Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
1. Cut Roma Tomatoes and onions into small dices and place into bowl.
Be sure to get some of the juices from the tomatoes.
2. Minced Garlic, Cilantro and Orange Zest and place into bowl.
3. Add Korean Chili Paste and mix until it is well incorporated.
4. Mix in dry ingredients while slowly stirring salsa.
5. Enjoy! Eat with tortilla chips or place in burritos or tacos.
APA Family Support Services